PAGES

Friday, May 22, 2015

Nerd in the Country!

Back in the country this weekend for a long Memorial Day holiday. I've been enjoying all my favorite country things so far today, which mostly involve farm animals (and dogs, of course!).


I started the day out early with a walk in the fields...



...and said good morning to the cows! Cows are one of my top 3 favorite animals and I haven't eaten beef in 3 years for that reason. Now that chickens have joined the ranks I feel like I need to stop eating chicken as well, but at this point I mostly continue not to eat beef because I feel healthier without it in my diet and I've gone so long without a cheeseburger I figure I may as well just keep going.



Here are some of our hens, just hangin' out, getting in their morning girl talk across the wire :)



Here is our one remaining rooster. He's a bantam Blue Wheaten Ameraucana, but he thinks he's more like a Jersey Giant!
Here also is one of our 6 chicks we just hatched. They're about a month old now and growing fast!



That's all I've got for now. I've been busy all day enjoying the scenery and the 70 degree sunny weather with the dogs and just cruising around loving the laid back feeling of being back in a small town away from the big city (I'm trying to embrace it but truth be told, I'd take days like today over city life ANY DAY!). Off to soak up some more sunshine and listen to the cicadas!


No comments:

Post a Comment